My Lists

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 60!

Hello, I'm back.

Not exactly rested but just wanted to check in to the blog world.

Vacation ended but, unfortunately, with a man running a red light, broadsiding me, totaling my beautiful car, and then I had a long drive in a rental car to get home.  You can't make this stuff up.

I have to admit I haven't had one craving for alcohol.  I think I'm just too exhausted and stressed with getting back to work, thinking about new wheels, etc.

One thing I did the past few months every time I thought of wine was to think "ick, headache, no sleep, losing control, dry mouth, and no energy."  I sort of ran that through that list in my head every time, just as a start of a craving would hit.

I had that one mammoth craving at the airport a few weeks back and after that...nothing.  Just a slight wistfulness when I saw other people drinking.

Last night, as my husband poured wine for himself, I thought about wine and immediately my body recoiled. It was interesting......those same thoughts of "headache, no sleep, losing control, dry mouth and no energy" came unbidden to my brain.  I think this is progress.

After 60 days, I know that I can likely never go back to having "just" a glass of wine every evening to unwind.  That won't be possible for me.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to have just a glass at out-of- the-house social situations or not.  I know I'm not ready to try it, regardless, right now.  So I suppose that is something I can tackle way down the road.

I finally weighed myself and I'm back to where I was the first time I quit.  So I think I'm down about 3 or 4 pounds.  And it's probably dehydration and stress from this week but we'll see.

Going to go catch up on some blogs right now but wanted to post in case anyone was wondering how I was doing.  Believe it or not, I'm doing just fine!  Chugging along toward Day 100!

HD

9 comments:

  1. So sorry about your car! Happy to have you back and happy to know you are doing well! Congrats on Day 60! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back - I missed your posts! Great to hear you're doing so well off the wine but crap news about the car, I hope you weren't hurt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back posting and commenting (thank you) but so sorry to hear about your car, what a ridiculously stressful ending to your trip. I hope something good comes from this for you. Love that you have been craving free and you know if you have made it through this and the car you can do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear HD,
    So happy you are back and doing so well!!
    And you didn't drink on vacation!
    But I am very sorry about your car!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. HD!!! So glad you're okay from the accident. That is just horrible. Insurance companies, dealerships, ughhh. I am so sorry you have to deal with all of that, but just really happy you were not injured. Also want to congratulate you on a little thing called DAY 60! So, so glad things are good on the booze-front. Go you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back! Wooh! You had a doozy of a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HD - What an ending to your holiday. The way you have handled everything is amazing. Airport cravings, stressful family gathering and then a car crash! You need a holiday! I'm so happy to have you back though and well done on Day 60. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you ever wonder if the Universe is saying " okay, let's see how serious she is! Throw her another one and let's see if she drinks!"
    So sorry about the wreck! I'm glad it wasn't worse than it was. And hooray on Day 60-61 now!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, sorry to hear about your car! Day 60 is great though. I'm almost there day 58 today. I hope going back to work is ok. Yes I don't think it will ever be one glass a day...PDTG

    ReplyDelete