My Lists

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Not perfect here....

Last night I decided to drink with hubby and son and watch election returns.  I slept well, other than getting up to check my phone and see who won, felt good this morning on my walk, and had fun last night watching how enthusiastic my son was over the election coverage.  I didn't drink all at once, I didn't blackout, I have no self-loathing.

I'm not totally thrilled I drank because drinking a bottle is just not healthy, but I want to keep this in perspective.  I made a decision to take a pass for an evening of my Dry November.  I was happy with my cucumber water watching hubby drink red wine.  Then, it wasn't even a craving, it was more like, this is such a crazy night it seemed to need wine associated with it.  It was as if I was bothered by the concept of not drinking more than I wanted to actually drink.

I feel as if I am moving further and further away from alcohol with each testing of the waters.  Wine didn't enhance the experience, just made me more talkative and more aware that I will never stop at 2 glasses except for very specific occasions and with a lot of control being exercised.

So back to being dry.  The election is over, the country has chosen a new leader.  I cherish living in this democracy. I exercised my right to vote.  I have faith in mankind and, while changes would have been different with each party, each party would have brought change.  I am not doom and gloom.  I am not going to whine and I am not going to worry.  I look forward, with keen interest, to see what the next few years bring.

We needed a new leader, we needed change regardless of which party ended up in office.  We elected Trump, not Clinton.  Now we need to move forward with that in as productive way as possible and try to keep it from being a divisive issue.  If I don't like where things head, I am free to leave.

HD

4 comments:

  1. Hi HD- just want to thank you so much for sharing and for your honesty and perspective about where you are. This is your journey and I continue to respect your self-reflection. Not much more to add today because I am really bummed out right now, but sending much support your way always.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't do it very often then it's not a problem. I couldn't stick yo every now and then so in the end I have to stop again. I'm glad it's going well for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PDTG, you've got this! How's it going for you so far?

      Delete
    2. Yeah really good. It's Friday night here, but I'm happy not to be drinking. I'm know I'll have my battles but I am determined to not let anything get in the way of making it to one year. Hope you are going well too X

      Delete